• Tech News
  • Deals
  • Prices
  • A Guru's World
  • CPU/Memory Watch
  • Site Info
  • SL Newsletter
    Recieve bi-weekly updates on news, new articles, and more

Forum home My SLBoards (Control Panel)View the calendar View the members list Read the FAQ Search the forums

Go Back   SLCentral Forum > SLMarket > Buy/Sell/Trade
    User Name
    Password

Old 04-11-01, 10:29 PM

guitaro is off the scale
    Send a message via ICQ to guitaro

Asus 7100 Twinview (dual monitor output) Geforce2 MX:

Would like to trade for a Geforce2 GTS, GTS PRo, or GTS Ultra.

I have a number of things I can add to the trade. Voodoo5 5500 (oem), Creative Labs Geforce DDR (retail kit), Pioneer PD-F1007 301 cd changer, Seagate 10k rpm 9.1gb Cheetah scsi HD, Seagate 27.3gb 7200rpm ata/100 Barracuda, MS Sidewinder Game Pad Pro (unopened retail box), lots of games, DVDs, CDs.

I also have a SONY 1031q Video Projector:

It'll do up to 255 inches (around 21 feet) if you want. I currently have it displaying on my wall at about 6 feet across and about 4.5 feet high. It's an RGB projector, and can either sit on a table top or mount on a ceiling. Comes with a power chord and a bnc to rca adapter.

It's worth more than $500, but would be willing to trade toward a Geforce2 or 3 videocard if you gave me cash difference. It's also pretty heavy, so you'd have to pay for shipping. Or you can just purchase the projector for $500 plus shipping. I'll accept money orders, cashier's checks, and I'm also verified with paypal. However, I don't think I can go over $200 with paypal. If you did it in 3 chunks, that'd work.

You can either email me or reply here. However, if you want a faster response, I'd suggest emailing me.

- guitaro
    guitaro@qwest.net
    Old 04-12-01, 03:55 AM

guitaro is off the scale

I'll consider selling the twinview if the price is right. Just start giving me offers.

- guitaro
    guitaro@qwest.net
    Old 04-24-01, 01:30 AM

guitaro is off the scale

Ok, I've traded away the Twinview, V5 5500, MS Game Pad Pro and sold the Pioneer 301cd megachanger.

However, I still have the Sony Video Projector, Creative Labs Annihilator Pro, Adaptec 2940ua scsi controller, 9.1gb cheetah scsi 10,000rpm harddrive, SoundBlaster 128PCI soundcard, DVDs galore, Cds galore, and games galore.

Lemme know what you want, and what you have. I'm sure we can work something out.

- guitaro
    Old 04-24-01, 06:38 AM
    ActiveTuning Partner

Dave is on a distinguished road
    Send a message via AIM to Dave

The projector sounds pretty cool, how good is the quality?

Old 04-25-01, 03:04 PM

guitaro is off the scale

It's the Sony 1031q Video Projector. The quality is great! I've compared to my bro-in-law's big screen. I have to say, that the picture is much more detailed. Of course, HDTV blows everything out of the water, including my video projector. But those also cost anywhere from $3,000-$15,000. The biggest those will go is around 60-65 inches at most. Mine will do up to 255 inches. Of course, I'd recommend around normal wall size for optimal picture. I know my friends and family are impressed when I show 'em my home theatre setup.

I guess the only drawback to this projector, is you need to have all the lights off to optimally view the displayed picture. Also, it doesn't have s-video. However, it does come with a bnc-to-rca composite video adapter. I'm not sure if they make a bnc-to-svideo adapter. You'd have to call Sony on that.

New, a similar quality projector would cost several thousand dollars. I probably could get around $700 for mine. But I only wanna get what I think is a good price. $500 + shipping. It weighs about as much as a 21" monitor. So shipping isn't cheap. However, when comparing to a big screen or even a big tv, it's pretty affordable. Not to mention, if you're a student, it's much easier to transport than a big screen/tv.

It has a DB9 and a DB25 RGB input on it. theoretically, you can hook up a computer, but at a lower rez, and refresh rate. I have a number for a place that sells parts for Sony's older projectors. I'll be sure to provide that for the new owner. The previous owner told me it does up to 640x480. Just for reference, DVDs max rez is 480 lines, sometimes 500 lines at the most. That's what I mainly use it for, movies. It's pretty impressive to see your favorite movies nice and big, in your own home.

Why am I selling it? I have too much stuff in my room to properly give this projector justice. It only needs to be about 10 feet from the wall. However, I have so much furniture, clothes, etc, that I just don't have room for it. Plus, I already have a 21" monitor that should be fine for now. However, when I hit it rich, I'll probably splurge on a $5000-$6000 projector.

So, again, $500 + shipping. I'll also accept trades. I'm pretty flexible. I'd really like to get a better video card. However, I'd also consider home electronics, speakers, powered subwoofers, car audio receivers, speakers, amps, etc. Also, PC games, hardware. DVDs, CDs.

That should give you a good idea of what I'm interested in. Just tell me what you have, and I'll consider it.

- guitaro
    Old 04-28-01, 06:49 AM

billgerr is off the scale

Interested in an AMI PCI66 RAID SCSI controller as partial trade toward projector? These sell for >$300.
    LMK
    Bill
    Old 04-28-01, 02:02 PM

guitaro is off the scale

Well, I've already got an adaptec 2940uw scsi controller. If you have a fast scsi 10k or 15k rpm scsi hard drive. Then I might consider that.

So again, if you have a Geforce2 GTS or above, scsi hd, or something else cool then I might consider it. Of course, cash is always the best.

If you pay all cash and no trade, I'll help with shipping. Depending on how far away you are. I'm in the Utah Salt Lake valley area, 84093.