SLCentral - Your logical choice for computing and technology
Latest Deals   
  • Home
  • Search
  • Forums
  • Hardware
  • Games
  • Tech News
  • Deals
  • Prices
  • A Guru's World
  • CPU/Memory Watch
  • Site Info
  • SL Newsletter
    Recieve bi-weekly updates on news, new articles, and more

    Forum home My SLBoards (Control Panel)View the calendar View the members list Read the FAQ Search the forums

    Go Back   SLCentral Forum > Technology > Hardware
    User Name

    Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
    Old 04-01-07, 01:49 PM
    detox detox is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Posts: 3
    detox is on a distinguished road
    Default 2 cores, only one does all the work?

    I recently jumped on the Core 2 Duo wagon.
    and when multitasking, noticed a drop in preformance.
    so I open TaskManager, and it shows two CPU's and one of them is doing 90% and the other is doing 10%, this is at all times and the same side.
    and I'm a little ticked about it, and I would like to know how to fix it.

    ASUS P5LD2
    Core 2 Duo E4300, 1.8GHz,800MHz FSB,2MB L2 Cache
    1gig pc5300
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTS
    120gig SATA
    HP dvd640
    SB Audigy2
    Reply With Quote

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    vB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Forum Jump

    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:17 PM.

    Archive - Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc. Top
    Browse the various sections of the site
    Reviews, Articles, News, All Reviews...
    Reviews, Articles, News...
    Regular Sections
    A Guru's World, CPU/Memory Watch, SLDeals...
    Forums, Register(Free), Todays Discussions...
    Site Info
    Search, About Us, Advertise...
    Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.1
    Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.
    Legal | Advertising | Site Info